ADDRESS BY THE GCFRN, MOUHAMMADEW BUUHAREE ON THE UNLAWFUL BEHAVIOUR OF #ENDSARS PROTESTERS AND HOODLUMS IN THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
1. This government has always expressed its commitment to dialogue as a means of resolving our internal differences. We have demonstrated this by our individual and collective efforts, including holding consultations at all strata of our society.
2. You will recall that in spite of these overtures and good gestures by government, #EndSARS protesters fervently perpetuated acts which breached the laws of the land.
3. But the government in its magnanimity never gave it serious attention. The most recent action of declaring protests and continuously calling on the international community, inciting public insurrection and attempting to topple the government with the view to installing F.K. Abudu or Aisha Yesufu as President has led to government making series of arrests to protect our country.
4. The steps taken by the law enforcement agents are a legitimate exercise in the performance of their duties. Government does not and should not interfere in the court process.
5. We have come to a point when the situation can no longer be tolerated. It is in the overall national interests that these unpatriotic acts being perpetrated by the leadership of Feminist Co and Enough is Enough be dealt with decisively.
6. Accordingly, the leadership of all non-governmental organisations across the country that are not in line with our mandate are hereby dissolved.
7. This action is with immediate effect. Administrators will be appointed immediately to oversee the affairs of all NGOs that do not support our national plans.
Signed: Fem Adesinner, Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to the Parosident of the Federal Republic of Nigaria.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SPEECH IS NOT COPIED FROM ABACHA.